Beginners guide for buying water Colours paints and Colours:
About acrylic Colours/paint:
Acrylic paint is a quick-drying paint. Acrylic colours comprisespigment suspended in acrylic polymer emulsion. Polymer bonded is soluble in water and when it dries then it becomes water-resistant. They are not noxious, even the paint themselves contain toxins.
About water Colours/paint:
A paint that mixed with the water and it is used for painting purpose to create pictures. Water colour paint includes two ingredients: Ground pigment and gum Arabic.
- Ground Pigment: It provided the colour.
- Gum Arabic: It Acts as a binder.
Guide for buying water Colours paints and Colours:
Paint: Set of water colour paints consists of 12 colour. Most of the set has a good combination or selection of basic colours. You will need for transparent water colours for that use white colour paint that is included in most tube colour sets. In typical paint chart gives you a better idea of the colour looks like out of the tube. The typical paint chart is available in any art store or online.
Quality of paint: There are two types in quality they are student quality and artist quality.
- Student quality: The beginner should start. Modern student quality water colour is excellent to use for beginners. It may contain cheaper pigment and filler.
- Artist quality: It has a higher concentration of ground pigment and it is more expensive with high permanence.
Using palette: There are two common colour palette tubes and pans. The paints in tubes and pans do not differ from the quality.
- Tubes: It contains liquid water in the form of moist and paste. Its size range from 5ml to 37ml
- Pans: Pans are like a small rectangular or circular tray. It contains cake-like blocks. The water colour is in the dry form. It was suitable for traveling and outdoor painting.
Using colour: There is lot amount of colour to choose, they are different from their characteristic and vary by manufacturer. You can produce own colour by mixing primary colours like red, yellow, blue.
Using Brands: The quality of water colours may differ based on their brands. The characteristic of colour also differ. Best way to find the best brand of water colour is to experiment with different brands.
Tools used for painting:
Some of the most essential tools are
Paper: The quality of the paper depends on the subject. Don’t use the cheapest quality paper. For practicing you can use rag content paper.
Paint: Water paints are available in two different parts. Student and artist quality, Student quality is less expensive when compared with artist quality. It depends on the artist.
Palette: It is required for mixing the paint. The mostly white colour palette is used because it will show you the mixtures of the paint.
Brushes: It available in different shapes and size. Natural hair brushes are more expensive then the synthetic hair brushes. Use blended hair brushes which contain both natural and synthetic hair.
Sandpaper: It is required for scratching off the paint.
Soft Sponge: The soft sponges are used to remove the mistake that you made.