How To Become A Wanted Stylist Melbourne
Do your friends and relatives come to you for tips on what to wear? Do you like to keep up with the latest trends in fashion? Are you naturally creative? If yes, then being a stylist might be the profession for you. What should one know about stylists? How to a popular stylist Melbourne?
Something most people don’t realise is that not all stylists belong in the fashion industry. Other types of stylists are:
- Private stylist
- Commercial stylist
- Events stylist
- Special occasions stylist
- Property and Interior stylist
- Style team
- Personal branding stylist
Why should you be a stylist?
Of course, the pleasure of doing something that you are passionate about is incomparable. But being a stylist offers much more than just that. Let’s look at some of them:
- Untraditional, laid-back setting: Stylists spend time with their clients like they are friends. They go shopping with clients and help them choose what is best for them. The best styles are picked out in a very relaxed setting like a studio or even a client’s home.
- New trends: Stylists are always up-to-date on the latest trends in their industry. They even have the chance to own the latest trends and brands, and they know what outfit is best suited to an occasion.
- Exploring new horizons: Stylists are required to constantly come up with innovative and creative ideas. Not only do they get to dress other people, but they also have the chance to use the body as a canvas. Self-expression is one of the most important parts of being a stylist.
- Publicity: Your work may be published in print or commercial advertisements. You also get the chance to be a part of the crew of a film or to dress up celebrities, and even create relationships with them.
How to become a popular stylist?
- Create contacts: Do internships, work for experienced stylists. This is a great way to expand your contacts and develop your skills in the process. Experience and contacts are important in this field and this is the best way to get sufficient experience.
- Know about this world: Be aware of the fashion business and the new developments in this field. A stylist should always be one step ahead of its competitors and should be able to bring the best out of whatever is new.
- Research: This may seem unexpected, but research is an essential part of being a stylist.
- If you are passionate and sure that this is the field for you, then get a degree in fashion merchandising. You can do this online or in a college.
A starter can earn about $18000 per year while a professional stylist Melbourne can earn from $500 to $5000 per day. This is a field with great returns like popularity, traveling, creating new friendships, and much more.